Basic Attention Token ICO Details
Learn all there is to know about the Basic Attention Token initial coin offering.
The Basic Attention Token is an Ethereum-based token that can be used to obtain a variety of advertising and attention-based services on the Brave platform, a new Blockchain based digital advertising system....
The Basic Attention Token is an Ethereum-based token that can be used to obtain a variety of advertising and attention-based services on the Brave platform, a new Blockchain based digital advertising system. User attention is privately monitored in the Brave browser and publishers are rewarded accordingly with BATs. Users also get a share of BATs for participating.
- Brian Bondy - Co-Founder: Khan academy, Evernote, Mozilla
- Yan Zhu - Security & Privacy Engineering: EFF Fellow, Yahoo, Tor project, Privacy Badger
- Scott Locklin - BAT Smart Contracts & Economics: Co-founded Kerf Software, machine learning
- Bradley Richter - Brand & Interaction Design: EFI/Fiery, Co-creator: eBeam & Luidia
- Catherine Corre - Communications: AOL, Netscape
- Brian Brown - Go-to-market: Co-founded Joyent, Deputy Editor WSJ
The BAT ICO managed to hit their funding cap of 156,250 ETH within a record breaking 24 seconds. Only 2222 investors held BAT as of 5/6/17. 184 unique addresses took part and to raise the approximate $36,000,000, with some participants paying transactions fees well over $1000 in one case up to $6,000. The largest single investment was 20,000 ETH which at the time was worth around $4.7m.