Waves ICO Details
Learn all there is to know about the Waves initial coin offering.
Waves is a custom blockchain tokens platform designed for large-scale business and consumer adoption. Waves was created to make the benefits of blockchain technology accessible to ordinary businesses and...
Waves is a custom blockchain tokens platform designed for large-scale business and consumer adoption. Waves was created to make the benefits of blockchain technology accessible to ordinary businesses and end users. The platform launched in 2016 and was designed from the ground up to address the shortcomings of existing blockchain services. The result is an enterprise-ready platform that emphasises security, easy token operations (creation, transfer, exchange) and a straightforward user experience, as well as dealing with critical long-term issues such as speed and scalability.
- Sasha Ivanov: CEO, Founder. (Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Guy Brandon: Semantics Engineer. (Twitter);
- Alexander Bezkrovny: Communications. (Twitter);
- Carlos Parada: Brand Management. (Twitter);
- Martin Spodymek: Head Community Manager. (Twitter);
Waves held its ICO on April 12, 2016. The ICO coin supply represents 85% of the total coin supply, so there was a total of 85,000,000 coins available at the offering, for an average price of 0.00035405 BTC each. The ICO raised a total of $16,010,008 (30,094 BTC) with a total of 5790 participants, and ended on May 1, 2016. The largest investor contributed 866 BTC which is equivalent to 2.87% of all Waves. The top 10 investors contributed 5,178 BTC and hold the equivalent of 17% of all Waves.
Token Reserve Split (15%):
- 01% Distributed to early supporters;
- 01% Reserved for post-ICO bounties;
- 04% Reserved for strategical partners and backers;
- 09% Withheld by the development team;
Waves ICO campaign featured bonus, bounties, escrow and the coin will not be mineable.
- First day - 20% Bonus;
- April, 13 to April, 30 - 10% Bonus.
- May, 1 - May, 15 - 5% Bonus.